Kerberos + OpenLDAP help needed.

From: Andrew Cooks (acooks_at_cs.up.ac.za)
Date: 09/18/03

    Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:08:35 +0200 (SAST)
    To: acooks@cs.up.ac.za

    Hi Everyone

    Has anyone on the list played/worked with Kerberos + LDAP before?

    I'm trying to setup Samba 3 + OpenLDAP + Kerberos, but I can't figure out
    the exact relationship between the OpenLDAP db and Kerberos db.

    OpenLDAP uses an arbitrary tree structure and Kerberos uses a specific
    flat structure.

    I've read all the (Mit) Kerberos V docs, official Samba3 docs and most of
    the OpenLDAP docs, as well as plenty of googling.

    Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

    Andrew

    -----------------------
    Andrew Cooks
    TechTeam TechTeam -- "We make it work."
    Computer Science dept.
    University of Pretoria
    -----------------------

    Stimulate your mellon for a change! Use Linux! - http://tlug.up.ac.za

    "If 44,000 employees of Sun can work with StarOffice, and can exchange any
    document with their customers, there is no good argument not to do it"
    - Richard Seibt, CEO of Suse Linux

    • Re: Samba authentication to Kerberos via OpenLDAP, third and last try
      ... I've also set up an authentication connection between Samba and OpenLDAP, ... The challenge is that these are two methods allow Samba to authenticate via OpenLDAP and allow OpenLDAP to authenticate via Kerberos, they are really intended for different purposes. ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: Kerberos + OpenLDAP help needed.
      ... > the exact relationship between the OpenLDAP db and Kerberos db. ... Use OpenLDAP to store the information you care about. ... Note this is not the krb password, ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: create principals fails
      ... the kerberos authentication works befor i wanted openldap as back-end. ... But when i try to create principals ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: Samba authentication to Kerberos via OpenLDAP, third and last try
      ... what you're looking for is SASL authd support in OpenLDAP. ... Assuming you've built OpenLDAP with the --with-spasswd option, ... This is all OpenLDAP and SASL, though, not Kerberos. ... I know I can do Kerberos authentication directly from Samba, ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: Help with SASL/GSSAPI to remote Kerberos server
      ... servers: A file server running Samba; ... OpenLDAP to provide personal and group identities; ... Kerberos server via SASL/GSSAPI. ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)