Results of the vote query

From: Alfred Huger (ah_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 09/13/03

    Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:09:58 -0600 (MDT)
    To: pen-test@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    Myself and David Ahmad (depending on the list you are on) recently sent
    out mail querying all of you about instituting community voting on issues
    for both the SecurityFocus website and its mailing lists. The feedback was
    overwhelmingly in favor of doing so with several common caveats:

    1. Do not hold votes too frequently.
    2. Make it secure.
    3. Make it easy.

    With these things in mind we will be starting to design a voting system
    for the mailing lists and site in the near future. We hope to be able to
    roll out our first round of voting slightly before or after the new year.
    The topics will be polled from the community and the staff here. We
    will work the details of the process out with a group of advisors selected
    from the community to make sure it starts as a community effort from the
    ground up.

    As a closing note this process is being initiated to better serve the
    community here which we have all built. It is nothing more or less than
    this. I think ultimately more community involvement in the decision making
    processes will benefit us all. We will post more once we are closer
    to a working model.

    Cheers,
    -al

    Alfred Huger
    Symantec Corp.

    • Re: [SLE] Interesting review of SuSE 9.3
      ... > community where this is possible, then I think we suffer as a community. ... > software that haven't been tested into YOU is not the SuSE way. ... > as surly as I've seen any *nix support network. ... people join and don't like or want to abide to this lists way of life. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?
      ... >mailing lists, and had bugzilla accounts for a long time now. ... >narrow focus, restricted to using Fedora, and that's it. ... >we give into our urges and wreck this community completely. ... But I wonder what is the purpose of lists such as this? ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?
      ... > mailing lists, and had bugzilla accounts for a long time now. ... > narrow focus, restricted to using Fedora, and that's it. ... > we give into our urges and wreck this community completely. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Why arent you upgrading? - NICK, PLEASE READ
      ... If you want to show off Delphi - choose things that are truly ... -Things like action lists. ... -The community - actually hack that. ... Members of TeamB (I'm not classifying all - ...
      (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
    • Results of the vote query
      ... for both the SecurityFocus website and its mailing lists. ... With these things in mind we will be starting to design a voting system ... The topics will be polled from the community and the staff here. ...
      (Vuln-Dev)