Voting on issues for this list and SecurityFocus (Focus-Linux)

From: Alfred Huger (ah_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 09/09/03

    Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:03:58 -0600 (MDT)
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    We here at SecurityFocus would like to pose a question to the overall
    community here. As part of an effort to manage our future based on
    community input we are considering implementing a more democratic process
    for making important decisions on the future of our mailing lists and the
    Security Focus website. Before we attempt this, we would like to know how
    many users would actually vote if a system were developed allowing this.
    We are also interested in hearing any feedback, concerns, or issues that
    members of the community wish to express. Please take a few moments to
    collectively guiding the Security Focus community forward. We will
    follow-up on this proposition if the response to this initial probe
    indicates that a significant portion of the user base is willing to take
    part.

    -al

    Alfred Huger
    Symantec Corp.

    • [VulnWatch] VulnWatch.Org Release
      ... Las Vegas, August 1, 2002 - At the Black Hat and Defcon security ... security community volunteers announce two important new ... The second is the Open Source Vulnerability Database. ...
      (VulnWatch)
    • VulnWatch.Org Release
      ... Las Vegas, August 1, 2002 - At the Black Hat and Defcon security ... security community volunteers announce two important new ... The second is the Open Source Vulnerability Database. ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • [NEWS] D-Link DWL-1000AP can be Compromised Due to Insecure SNMP Configuration
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... allows an attacker to gain the administrative password using a simple SNMP ... A MIB walk using the read-only SNMP community of 'public' (default ... read-only community for most devices) can allow an attacker access to the ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [Full-Disclosure] VulnWatch.Org Release
      ... Las Vegas, August 1, 2002 - At the Black Hat and Defcon security ... security community volunteers announce two important new ... The second is the Open Source Vulnerability Database. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: How long?
      ... the security community finds these holes before they do, ... vulnerability (It is a new *published* vulnerability, ... On average, yeah, Microsoft take a bloody long time to fix things. ...
      (Security-Basics)