Re: LIDS on production server anyone??

From: Ralf Dreibrodt (rd_at_mesos.de)
Date: 07/04/03

    Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:27:06 +0200
    To: Nawapong Nakjang` <tony@ksc.net>

    Hi,

    Nawapong Nakjang` wrote:

    > Has anyone every successfully deployed an LIDS-patched kernel on a
    > production Linux server?
    > Although LIDS makes the system impossible to abuse, it also makes it
    > impossible to administer!
    > I've created a baseline policy for init/shutdown and almost every
    > services but still feel reluctant using it on a real server.

    i use it since 12/2001 for a web/mail/dns/ftp-server.
    since a few months there are several customers working on the server
    with their own apaches running on it.

    so i can say, it works.

    Regards,
    Ralf Dreibrodt

    • Re: Hiding originating IP when posting through CLOSED news servers
      ... >>offering the service is needed to care about abusive postings. ... - arrange a peering for outgoing articles (we do not offer such peerings at ... You need some sort of news server software for a peering ... If we enable this feature for all users, I'm sure that abuse will ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: Killfile - what they had in mind
      ... >> sources of virus infected email and internet abuse. ... Having to banish a server is really wrong. ...
      (comp.lang.perl.misc)
    • Re: orturd undresses in public
      ... I say we let the abuse departments battle it out. ... i heard from my server that they received an abuse ... report from orturd. ... orturd was trying to ring my bell. ...
      (rec.music.opera)
    • More censorship!
      ... Removed by Chris Wilson (an IMC-UK server admin) on court order to ... believe the complaints or logs are wrong or the IP of the abuse is not ... Cleaning, Hardening, and/or Securing ... Reviewed for Probation Violation ...
      (uk.legal)
    • Re: Sending email in VB using only the Win32 API
      ... Before the abuse, there were dozens and then eventually hundreds, perhaps ... able to just connect to an SMTP server and send your email from VB or ... originates from anywhere outside the web sites within it's domain. ...