Re: deny deleting a file for users

From: Mike Hoskins (mike_at_adept.org)
Date: 06/10/03

    Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:55:15 -0700 (PDT)
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, J Norfleet wrote:
    > Create hard links. (Backup copy that changes when the original files do.)

    Just wanted to add, there's an excellent FAQ-O-Matic for doing something
    similar with rsync:

    http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/

    We've had this running in a couple places for awhile now and I think it's
    a very nice option. (Thanks, Mike.)

    -mrh

    From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher@adept.org>
    To: spam-catcher@adept.org
    Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
    you will be added to a blacklist!

    • Re: Time Machine- moving large folder
      ... Gregory Weston wrote: ... Dave Balderstone wrote: ... I do not want backup software ... How do the hard links that TM uses resolve that? ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: Time Machine- moving large folder
      ... Gregory Weston wrote: ... Dave Balderstone wrote: ... I do not want backup software ... How do the hard links that TM uses resolve that? ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: Gentoo on Sun Ultra 5
      ... > backup software doesn't handle moves, ... and incremental backups on top of it on CD-RW until I run out of CD-RWs, ... renames, deletions, and hard links properly. ... > Doing rsync once a day over the whole disk takes a bit of time, ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • Re: Time Machine- moving large folder
      ... Dave Balderstone wrote: ... I do not want backup software ... How do the hard links that TM uses resolve that? ... move a file to another folder, Time Machine will make a copy of it on ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)