Re: deny deleting a file for users.. trying a solution

From: Glynn Clements (glynn.clements_at_virgin.net)
Date: 06/04/03

    Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 07:45:58 +0100
    To: Sandra Hernandez <sandra@fib.upc.es>

    Sandra Hernandez wrote:

    > It has only one problem if user knows about chmod and chown
    > can change permissions of directory because is in his/her HOME
    > (obviouslly owned by the user) but normally they don't know about
    > this commands.

    Normal users can't change the ownership of a file, so even if they
    know about chown, it doesn't do them any good here.

    --
    Glynn Clements <glynn.clements@virgin.net>

    • Re: folder ownership rights etc.
      ... one "takes ownership" of an item, ... which confers power to change permissions, ... There's no reason for XP to be more ... |> Now I will copy selected folders fron the Toshiba drive to my main ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: revoke change permissions?
      ... ownership of all folders and files to a certain user in the Owner tab of the ... >> It sounds like you are correct in setting up Deny to Change Permissions ... the Domain Local group has been assigned the Owner role. ...
    • Re: "Is it possible to make it impossible for a domain admin to take ownership of a folder and
      ... The domain admin have all powers and can change a users ... password, take ownership, change permissions etc. to get access to this file ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: revoke change permissions?
      ... Is there a way that I can cause ownership of files/folders to be assigned to ... > It sounds like you are correct in setting up Deny to Change Permissions to ... > sure they don't have Ownership of the folder/file, ...
    • [SOLVED] Re: Getting rights right
      ... found myself doing a recursive chmod ... or chown, and being unable to change permissions on some files because ... I ran all commands with sudo. ...
      (Debian-User)