Re: more on linux hardening

bmanning_at_karoshi.com
Date: 05/28/03

    To: backpacker@hikers.net (Mike Lockhart)
    Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:19:22 -0700 (PDT)

    > Well, currently my systems implement quite a bit of lockdowns, from
    > kernel security patches outside of the distro tree to firewalls and so
    > forth. And even though I know these boxen are locked down about as
    > tight as you can get, I'd like to find some way to build up a box that
    > is completely trusted. Just not really sure where to start at. :)
    >
    > - Mike Lockhart

            "...completely trusted." - begs the question, by whom?
            for me to completely trust a system, its air-gapped, in
            a concrete block, inside a farady cage, with no display,
            keyboard or other input device, preferably powered off.

            I can;t remember who stated this lema; "If you want your
            [data, systems] private, don't put them on the net."

    --bill

    • Re: more on linux hardening
      ... Well, currently my systems implement quite a bit of lockdowns, from ... kernel security patches outside of the distro tree to firewalls and so ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: more on linux hardening
      ... Mike Lockhart wrote: ... > kernel security patches outside of the distro tree to firewalls and so ...
      (Focus-Linux)