Re: more on linux hardening

From: De Velopment (devel_at_www2.kparker.org)
Date: 05/27/03

    Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:43:59 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Mike Lockhart <backpacker@hikers.net>

    Hello Mike,

    On 26 May 2003, Mike Lockhart wrote:

    > Are there any good quality papers on creating a system from scratch (not
    > LFS though) that can be trusted 100%? To further elaborate on what I
    > mean, I'd like to find a way to build from source a trusted system that
    > is running only binaries/libs that are built from a trusted compiler,
    > etc.

    I am not sure if this is what you mean, but the United States "National
    Security Agency" (usually a rather hush-hush organization) has gone
    public with SE-Linux (Security-Enhanced Linux). Their web site offers
    (among other things) a number of published papers and technical reports:

       http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/

    Good luck and best regards,

    Ken Parker