Re: process accounting

From: Reveret Julien (shaddai_at_nerim.net)
Date: 05/27/03

    Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 19:15:02 +0200
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:51:46AM +0300, Patrascu Eugeniu wrote:
    > On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 21:38, Reveret Julien wrote:
    > >
    > > What you can do is patch your system with grsec patches, or patch your
    > > users' shell. There is a patch for bash which makes bash logs everything
    > > that is typed (I don't remember the url, search for bash+logging+patch).
    >

    > Why don't you use the good old process accounting feature ?

    Because this guy wants to log all the arguments of every command run by
    users, process accounting doesn't. Moreover, lastcomm output is not
    that easy to read when you need some informations, whereas a log which
    looks like a .bash_history, with timestamps, can makes it easier to
    catch these informations.

    --
    We are the knights who say
    echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq'|dc