Re: Martian Source

From: Patrick Morris (pmorris_at_wilshire.com)
Date: 05/01/03

    Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 11:42:13 -0700
    To: "Javier Togra A." <jtogra@inocar.mil.ec>

    A quick Google search found tons of stuff on this. It means you have
    packets coming in your internal interface from external addresses, or
    vice versa.

    A grep in the kernel docs also comes up with quite a bit of info.

    Javier Togra A. wrote:

    >Apr 29 15:23:11 ns kernel: martian source 169.254.207.9 from 169.254.207.9,
    >on d
    >ev eth0
    >
    >Could some one tell me what does it mean, and what can I do ?

    • RE: interface-mirroring on a server
      ... but would a tap fit your solution? ... because I can sniff on the internal interface that connects ... loaded enough with encrypting and decrypting packets. ... this software you can only send all packets from all NICs ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • interface-mirroring on a server
      ... because I can sniff on the internal interface that connects ... However, I don't want to run an IDS on the VPN-box itself, because the box is ... loaded enough with encrypting and decrypting packets. ... this software you can only send all packets from all NICs ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Keying protocol question
      ... sboonkrong@yahoo.com (Zero) wrote: ... and vice versa. ... Packets have to go via C in order to reach B ... B knows all keys that are defined, thus can decrypt ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Silent blocking of packets, how to debug?
      ... I have UDP packets showing up on the internal interface of ISA, ... going out on the public net. ...
      (microsoft.public.isa)