Re: Red Hat: To patch or to upgrade?

From: John Jasen (jjasen@realityfailure.org)
Date: 04/04/03

    Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:45:39 -0500 (EST)
    From: John Jasen <jjasen@realityfailure.org>
    To: Mat Price <mprice@avici.com>

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Mat Price wrote:

    > What I have done in the past is make a directory on a ftp server with
    > all update rpms except the kernel rpms. Then I ran a script on the
    > clients that would check the version of redhat it was running on, then
    > download the correct rpms. Once they where on the machine it did a rpm
    > -Fvh *.rpm.

    check out autoupdate on freshmeat.net

    Seems to have taken up where you left off.

    --
    -- John E. Jasen (jjasen@realityfailure.org)
    -- User Error #2361: Please insert coffee and try again.

    • Re: Some thoughts about Fedora Core 1 packages upgrade
      ... > upgrade hundreds of clients through Internet(big burden on Internet ... > building options, we have to download source RPMs as well, so there ... i'd recommend the apt-mirror script to be run once a day, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: [opensuse] Local cache of updates, installed programs in openSUSE
      ... you will be able to do your install from the set of rpms you have saved in the ... In the zyppmerge.dev script look at line 97, 117, 203, etc. at the use of the ... local repository is the same box as your update server. ... updates in the process, will the new local repository start with the ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] Script to move old versions of rpms from local repository
      ... for all updates so that I would have a local repository for the ... I needed a way to parse through the local repository and ... without having to reinvent the wheel, I've attached the script. ... you moved all your rpms to a directory such that they all have the ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Re:Bandwidth Monitor
      ... >>Thanks for your suggesstion, I downloaded the mrtg script, I also ... >>installed all the modules perfectly...as I got rpms from the net, ... >>when I run the script I get this error.... ... >On that web page there are instructions on modifying your mrtg.cfg file ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: confHELO_NAME
      ... issue for whomever might be maintaining the server if I leave this site. ... I have a script that I just point at the Sendmail ... you can even make your own RPMs. ...
      (comp.mail.sendmail)