Re: Live Upgrade for Linux

From: J C Lawrence (claw@kanga.nu)
Date: 03/27/03

    To: "Paris Stone" <paris@ciscoinstructor.net>
    Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:48:53 -0800
    From: J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu>

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:30:12 +0000
    Paris Stone <paris@ciscoinstructor.net> wrote:

    > Check out the way too cool Red Carpet from the Ximian folks. It is my
    > go-to and supports RedHat, Mandrake, Open Office, Evolution, etc...

    Sadly, it doesn't have near the features or capability of apt-get,
    especially in terms of dependency handling and versioning, tho that's
    more the fault of oversights in RPM.

    --
    J C Lawrence
    claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?

    • Re: New audio/ video player
      ... Another question is--when is Microsoft going to upgrade it's WMP 9 for PPC? ... It certainly is more stable than the alternative players like PMVP, ... One of the nice features of the new OGM and Matroska movie container formats ... but the chapter capability is nice.) ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia)
    • Re: [OT] tablet
      ... I do like all of the features of the 800, ... communication device as well. ... The concern I have with the wi-fi/voip ... capability is that it isn't as available as a cell phone network. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Voyager
      ... and receive calls, any other capability I consider a drawback, not a ... I'm surprised how many here seem to want the same features I do, ... Nor do I understand texting. ... Do the kids know that the phones have perfectly good voice capability? ...
      (alt.cellular.verizon)
    • Re: Features versus Capability
      ... the some of ide feture of d2006 is nice and we need it: ... but we all ime wait for new capability is MOST IMORTANT ... for example borland can add one new section the same as Qulality central ... Features often are cheap to add, ...
      (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
    • TeraDesk 3.90 released
      ... New features in this release are related to: ... Capability to set font effects ... Capability to recognize and handle executable ... See the history file for more information. ...
      (comp.sys.atari.st)