RE: Live Upgrade for Linux

From: Mario Aguilera (marioa@lf-mail.com)
Date: 03/26/03

    From: "Mario Aguilera" <marioa@lf-mail.com>
    To: "Kelly Sauke" <ksauke@fastenal.com>, <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:31:00 -0500

    >>Maybe I need a little clarification of what Live Upgrade does. I've
    >>gotten a lot of response of what I would call installer utilities but
    >>not a Live Upgrade (if I'm wrong please point it out to me). What Live
    >>Upgrade does under solaris is it creates a complete alternate boot .....

    I wrote a bunch of alternatives, but the reply got rejected cause it was too
    long aparently. To make things simple: no, there isn't anything out there
    like Live Upgrade for any linux distribution AFAIK.

    Alternatives: Disk image + your favorite updater.. that way you just swap
    the drive if something goes wrong and bingo.

    mario.