Re: Live Upgrade for Linux

From: Axel Beckert (beckert@ecos.de)
Date: 03/25/03

    Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:50:14 +0100
    From: Axel Beckert <beckert@ecos.de>
    To: Kelly Sauke <ksauke@fastenal.com>

    Hi!

    Am Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 01:41:20PM -0600, Kelly Sauke schrieb:
    > Does anyone know of any software for linux that acts similar to "Live
    > Upgrade" in Solaris

    Interesting question. For those who do not know it:
    http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/liveupgrade/

    Unfortunately I don't know such a feature yet.

    > or "Alternate Release Areas" in DG/UX?

    Never heard of that one. Also Google doesn't know it. Can you perhaps
    describe its functions shortly?

                Kind regards, Axel Beckert

    Axel Beckert      ecos electronic communication services gmbh
    it security solutions * dynamic web applications * consulting
    Mail:       Tulpenstrasse 5       D-55276 Dienheim near Mainz
    E-Mail:     beckert@ecos.de       Voice:     +49 6133 939-220
    WWW:        http://www.ecos.de/   Fax:       +49 6133 939-333

    • Re: SOL licensing confusion
      ... their "free" RedHat Linux is ... purchase a support contract which costs between two hundred dollars ... Or you could upgrade the OS every year. ... Compare this to Solaris. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: ot: linux
      ... Except Darsy is a bit more than that :-) And it makes a good F&P server. ... I like it and my home server runs Solaris ... For pure functionality I'd use Linux. ... The only upgrade Solaris needs to go down for is an OS upgrade and that ...
      (uk.rec.motorcycles)
    • Solaris Upgrade question
      ... is there something like apt-get dist-upgrade of Debian GNU/ ... Linux in Solaris? ... I have to upgrade Solaris 10 to never release. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Live Upgrade for Linux
      ... Does anyone know of any software for linux that acts similar to "Live ... Upgrade" in Solaris or "Alternate Release Areas" in DG/UX? ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Problems with luupgrade using Solaris 10 1/06 media
      ... I've been trying to get my V440 upgraded from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 ... The live upgrade process always fails on luupgrade command. ... Cross referencing storage devices with boot environment configurations ... Determining packages to install or upgrade for BE. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)