Live Upgrade for Linux

From: Kelly Sauke (ksauke@fastenal.com)
Date: 03/25/03

    Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:41:20 -0600
    From: Kelly Sauke <ksauke@fastenal.com>
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Does anyone know of any software for linux that acts similar to "Live
    Upgrade" in Solaris or "Alternate Release Areas" in DG/UX?

    I would find it very useful for upgrading and patching as well as
    security audits to the applied OS "patches".

    Thanks,

    KS

    • Problems with luupgrade using Solaris 10 1/06 media
      ... I've been trying to get my V440 upgraded from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 ... The live upgrade process always fails on luupgrade command. ... Cross referencing storage devices with boot environment configurations ... Determining packages to install or upgrade for BE. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • UPDATE: Live Upgrade Help
      ... we are planning to upgrade all our Production Servers from Solaris 2.6 ... to Solaris 8 by next week. ... Setting asynchronous flag on ABE mount point ... Copying of file system / directory is in progress... ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: flash 9 released :)
      ... it has negative ramifications for customer loyalty to the product line. ... would have ported a modern version of Gnome to Solaris 8 before hobbling ... It is easy to say just upgrade to Solaris 10. ... By total cost, I'm referring to everything involved, such as downtime, ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Live Upgrade for Linux
      ... > Does anyone know of any software for linux that acts similar to "Live ... > Upgrade" in Solaris ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Problem with LiveUpgrade lucreate from Sol7 to Sol8 : CPIO error.
      ... I am having problems with upgrading a solaris 7 system to solaris 8 using ... LiveUpgrade and I wonder if any one can help me out. ... Upgrade path is the following: ... Once the upgrade has been successful, boot off the target disk, set up the ...
      (SunManagers)