Re: Seeing who has su-ed

From: Stephen Samuel (samuel@bcgreen.com)
Date: 03/23/03

    Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 05:32:49 -0800
    From: Stephen Samuel <samuel@bcgreen.com>

    Under RedHat 8.1:

    Mar 23 05:26:17 alghy43bi su(pam_unix)[12031]: session opened for user root by samuel(uid=500)
    Mar 23 05:26:24 alghy43bi su(pam_unix)[12060]: session opened for user samuel by samuel(uid=0)

    Note that the second shows the second SU starting at uid=0, and the source and destination
    username are the same.

    It would be pretty easy to put together a perl pattern to search for this.

    --
    Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426                samuel@bcgreen.com
    		   http://www.bcgreen.com/~samuel/

    • SASLAUTH issue, usernames with @
      ... I just upgraded from Redhat 9.0 to Fedora 3. ... When using SASLAUTHD on Redhat 9, which was version cyrus-sasl-2.1.10-4, ... Users would of course be authenticating using ... email address as their username rather than some other name like ...
      (comp.mail.sendmail)
    • Re: User Accounts and KickStart on Redhat 9
      ... chnf -f 'Full Name' username ... /usr/sbin/usermod -p 'Encrypted Password' username ... Same steps in a Redhat 9 %post don't do it. ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Newbie with questions
      ... I have recently installed both Mandrake 9.0 and RedHat 9.0 in my computer, ... RedHat that I hope that someone can help me with. ... says it has problems registering my username after I have completed every ... alphanumeric passwords. ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: Need help with writing easy script
      ... all my HTML pages) to submit the information: ... It will then check the username against like a csv table (or a txt ... or MySQL) and see where the destination is. ... It then checks the table and sees that the user johndoe has a ...
      (comp.lang.php)