RE: Seeing who has su-ed

From: Giuliano Pochini (pochini@shiny.it)
Date: 03/21/03

    Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:46:07 +0100 (CET)
    From: Giuliano Pochini <pochini@shiny.it>
    To: "Klotz, Brian" <Brian_Klotz@heald.edu>

    On 20-Mar-2003 Klotz, Brian wrote:

    > I teach a Linux basics course and each term I have the problem of students
    > who do an su to become root, then rather than exiting, they su again to go
    > back to their regular account. The trouble is identifying when someone has
    > done this (they usually don't remember). The "who" command only shows login
    > shells (AFAIK) so it does not reveal when someone has su-ed.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way to list all of the users currently logged in,
    > including when someone has su-ed to become another user?

    pstree -u

    Bye.

    • Re: Seeing who has su-ed
      ... On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Klotz, Brian wrote: ... > I teach a Linux basics course and each term I have the problem of students ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Favorite place?
      ... Brian K wrote: ... I sniffed those trolls as soon as they posted, ... you just don't get assignments like 'Ask people on ... students sprinkled throughout the Usenet. ...
      (rec.travel.cruises)
    • RE: Seeing who has su-ed
      ... | who do an su to become root, then rather than exiting, they su again ... | shells (AFAIK) so it does not reveal when someone has su-ed. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Opening
      ... Brian M. Scott wrote: ... a week, this guy named Steve Smith would come in and say, "Someone ... and got "account already exists", but students were so bad at telling ...
      (rec.arts.sf.composition)
    • Re: IJDb available in Greek
      ... Brian speaks the truth! ... I've got 20 senior Japanese students this ...
      (rec.juggling)