Seeing who has su-ed

From: Klotz, Brian (Brian_Klotz@heald.edu)
Date: 03/20/03

    From: "Klotz, Brian" <Brian_Klotz@heald.edu>
    To: "Security Focus-Linux (focus-linux@securityfocus.com)" <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:25:42 -0800

    I teach a Linux basics course and each term I have the problem of students
    who do an su to become root, then rather than exiting, they su again to go
    back to their regular account. The trouble is identifying when someone has
    done this (they usually don't remember). The "who" command only shows login
    shells (AFAIK) so it does not reveal when someone has su-ed.

    Does anyone know of a way to list all of the users currently logged in,
    including when someone has su-ed to become another user?

    Thanks in advance,

    Brian Klotz, CCNA
    Instructor
    Heald College
    Portland, Oregon Campus

    This communication may contain Heald College confidential and proprietary data.
    Any questions should be directed to a Heald College IT administrator.