Local security scanner

From: bugtraq@virtual.dyc.edu
Date: 03/14/03

    Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:01:47 -0500 (EST)
    From: bugtraq@virtual.dyc.edu
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    I would like to know what the community is using for local security
    scanners on linux boxes. There are many excellent remote security
    scanners available, like nessus, and some hardening scripts like Bastille,
    but few local security scanners aimed at finding security holes
    accessible to users with local non-privileged accounts.

    I would be using this information in our IT classes here at D'Youville.

    Thanks in advance.

    Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
    Director of Information Technology,
    D'Youville College,