Re: What Is hosts2-ns

From: Ted Behling (ted-lists@monarchis.net)
Date: 03/01/03

    Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 15:53:05 -0500
    To: <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    From: Ted Behling <ted-lists@monarchis.net>

    At 06:05 PM 5/25/2002, SoloCDM wrote:
    >On Linux, what is hosts2-ns? How is it accessed from a remote host?
    >Someone recently tried to access my server through port 81.

    I believe hosts2ns is a utility that will convert your /etc/hosts file into
    a BIND-compatible zone file. If we're talking about the same thing, it has
    nothing to do with any TCP port.

    Ted Behling, Chief Penguin Surgeon
    Monarch Information Systems, Inc.
    tbehling@monarchis.net

    • Re: What Is hosts2-ns
      ... Isnt this just a service to resolve hostname? ... Subject: What Is hosts2-ns ... > Someone recently tried to access my server through port 81. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • What Is hosts2-ns
      ... On Linux, what is hosts2-ns? ... How is it accessed from a remote host? ... Someone recently tried to access my server through port 81. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • What Is hosts2-ns
      ... On Linux, what is hosts2-ns? ... How is it accessed from a remote host? ... Someone recently tried to access my server through port 81. ...
      (Focus-Linux)