Re: Red Hat Network updates

From: terry white (
Date: 02/28/03

    Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:21:41 -0800 (PST)
    From: terry white <>
    To: focus-linux <>

    ... ciao:

    on "2-27-2003" "Jennifer Fountain" writ:

    : ... Red hat emails you with updates and the agent ...

        while RH seems fairly good at this, they are not , generally, the
    first to notice problems. from my observation, these first seen on
    'security' lists. that delay, may, or may not, be important.

        given the mindset required to run linux, i tend to avoid depending on
    a vendor for security. in addition, i think there's something to be said
    for building and installing from source ...

    ... i'm a man, but i can change,
        if i have to , i guess ...

    • RE: PAWS security vulnerability
      ... FreeBSD security list" isn't grammatically correct. ... "I told you to post the patch and info to the appropriate FreeBSD security ... "...This point and others are often discussed on the mailing lists, ...
    • May I have permission to travel???????
      ... ""Homeland Security Tightens Grip on International Travel ... The Department of Homeland Security proposed new rules back in July ... These lists ... Instead of providing a passenger manifest after departure as now ...
    • RE: PAWS security vulnerability
      ... You STILL haven't taken this to the correct security mailing list, ... > FreeBSD security ... >>lists, and you aren't the least bit interested in doing what ... >>appropriate forum to post the patch, ...
    • [NEWS] Cisco IOS Stack Group Bidding Protocol Crafted Packet DoS
      ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... The SGBP implementation provided by the Cisco Internetwork Operating ... This vulnerability affects any device that runs Cisco IOS and has enabled ... to apply Access Control Lists to prevent untrusted hosts from ...
    • [Full-Disclosure] "Fud, lies and libel" against (type any name here, Ill use mi2g)
      ... I am a usual reader of all the major security lists and I laughed ... I'm not affiliated with mi2g. ... questioning the authenticity of the postings) with false vulnerabilities, ...