Re: LKM Trojan installed

From: terry white (twhite@aniota.com)
Date: 02/08/03

    Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 01:04:02 -0800 (PST)
    From: terry white <twhite@aniota.com>
    To: focus-linux <focus-linux@lists.securityfocus.com>

    on "2-7-2003" "Craig Holmes" writ:

    : On February 7, 2003 07:41 am, Rivanor P. Soares wrote:
    : > Checking `lkm'... You have 69 process hidden for ps command
    : > Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed
    : > Could this be *true* ? How can I discover it?

    : If this is true, then your 'ps' binary has been replaced with one that filters
    : certain processes from your viewing.

    : The best, easiest method to determine if this is true,

    ... i created a directory, copied 'ps' et al to it, and used chattr on
    them. having a known good binary outside $PATH is something of a comfort

    ... i'm a man, but i can change,
        if i have to , i guess ...

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: ANOVA vs. ANCOVA
      ... medical residents were asked to indicate how ... > comfort subscale was created with these four items such that each ... You need to report a Warning even ... The logical analysis dictates the statistical analysis, ...
      (sci.stat.edu)
    • Re: unsafe or unchecked operations
      ... Yet you use generics anyway, then complain that you don't understand them, but refuse to study them. ... same warning ... But how does casting happen when 'filters!= null'? ... Ignored the JDK 1.6 warning ...
      (comp.lang.java.help)
    • Re: Addio
      ... Beware the Handelman/Tillman/Tritter Complex. ... Comfort and joy to the good people and a pox on the plex, ...
      (rec.music.opera)
    • Re: Addio
      ... I leave you with one important warning: ... Comfort and joy to the good people and a pox on the plex, ...
      (rec.music.opera)
    • Re: Addio
      ... Rita has dumped Dan my work here is done. ... I leave you with one important warning: ... Comfort and joy to the good people and a pox on the plex, ...
      (rec.music.opera)