Re: Perl administration for Linux fileserver

From: Burcin Erocal (burcin@math.bilgi.edu.tr)
Date: 02/06/03

    Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 23:27:53 +0200
    From: Burcin Erocal <burcin@math.bilgi.edu.tr>
    To: Jos Kirps|EducDesign <jos.kirps@educdesign.lu>

    You should take a look at AFS:

    www.openafs.org

    On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:29:32 +0100
    Jos Kirps|EducDesign <jos.kirps@educdesign.lu> wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I would like to set up a Linux based file server accessible for Linux,
    > Windows and Mac clients. The administration shall be done remotely
    > (web based GUI on a client machine) using Perl scripts. The Perl
    > scripts must be able to:
    >
    > - add and remove directories on the server (that's not the problem)
    > - add and remove users (username & password -> problem)
    > - set access rights for the created directories (-> also a problem)
    <snip>

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: LogHack - yet another logfile analyzer
      ... Perl scripts from the command line. ... It's the same thing with Linux. ... installed by default, whereas under Windows you always need to install ... the script gives me an error in Windows because the ...
      (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
    • Re: NFS load balancing advice needed
      ... > then the Linux guys don't seem to have put cachefs into Linux yet... ... > coda, AFS etc have client-side caching, but then you require your ... AFS rocks. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: [9fans] How to implement a moral equivalent of automounter
      ... actually can be really convenient mostly come from Linux people. ... AFS has its warts, but, trust me, if you've used it for a while, ...
      (comp.os.plan9)
    • OT: time utilty for Win*? (!Cygwin)
      ... but since I use 'time' under Linux for quick tests ... of my perl scripts, I'm asking here... ... Does anyone know if there's a straight port of 'time' *nix utility to ... incompatibilities due to the fact that the OSes are actually ...
      (comp.lang.perl.misc)
    • migrate C2 database to ldif file
      ... I would like to generate an ldif file from my C2 database an import it ... on a Linux Box with openldap. ... Where can i find perl scripts to do this operation? ...
      (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)