Re: Secure Web-Based Administration

From: Jos Kirps|EducDesign (jos.kirps@educdesign.lu)
Date: 02/02/03

    Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:07:04 +0100
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
    From: Jos Kirps|EducDesign <jos.kirps@educdesign.lu>

    >Hi Jos,
    >thanks for your answer. I just didn't know why Confixx is using
    > Cronjobs to execute changes done via web. Perhaps that are no security
    > reasons, but others.

    >Bye,
    >chris

    hi chris,

    as far as i can say some jobs are done over night, for example
    counting files or calculating directory sizes. this is only done once
    a day to reduce processor load. maybe that's why cron is used,
    though i'm not sure as i don't have the time to take a closer look
    at the technology behind it.

    jos

    EducDesign S.A.
    Where Learning and Technology meet

    20, rue de l'Ecole, L-3233 Bettembourg
    Luxembourg (Europe)
    tel. +352 51 66 52
    fax. +352 52 26 76
    http://www.educdesign.lu
    info@educdesign.lu
    IT-Services
    Intranet-Internet Solutions & Multimedia
    Innovation Managment & Project Development
    Consulting, Training & Coaching in IT and Education

    Relevant Pages