Administrivia: Trimming replies

From: Hal Flynn (flynn@securityfocus.com)
Date: 01/29/03

    Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:03:08 -0700 (MST)
    From: Hal Flynn <flynn@securityfocus.com>
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Hi folks,

    Just a reminder to please trim replies. When responding, please
    include only the text to which you are responding, and preferrably put
    your responses below it, or inline.

    Not doing so is wasteful, inconsiderate to those on metered lines, and
    additionally it makes the list digest literally impossible to read.

    Thanks in advance!

    Cheers,

    Hal Flynn
    Symantec Corp.

    "....You guys are the Marine's doctors; There's no better in the business
    than a Navy Corpsman...."
      -- Lieutenant General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, U.S.M.C.

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: The Vinland Maps Ink
      ... >> Your reminder is misplaced. ... First, I was responding ... >> "If the map is authentic, it must be possible to describe ... >> properties into account." ...
      (sci.archaeology)
    • Re: Friendly reminder on netettique
      ... > When responding to a post, ... > no need to include the entire history of the ... > Just a friendly reminder. ...
      (alt.gathering.rainbow)
    • Re: So-so Sorabji
      ... I usually don't read him anymore. ... Thanks for the reminder of why I ... So how come he was responding to another thread contributor? ...
      (rec.music.classical.recordings)
    • Administrivia: Please trim replies
      ... Just a reminder to please trim replies. ... include only the text to which you are responding, ... than a Navy Corpsman...." ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • Re: Hey, Im new to this board and dont know the board dynamics and politics
      ... another reminder for a killfile entry. ... Might only be 10-20 lines if people would trim posts ... before responding. ...
      (rec.food.cooking)