Re: Linux FTP/Firewall combo suggestion requested

From: Nick Mashchenko (
Date: 10/22/02

From: "Nick Mashchenko" <>
To: <>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:15:16 +0300

Try these:

Actually they all are firewalls/IDS, but you
can use them as FTP server -- they are
ready to very quick installation.

BTW, all who read this mailing list,
please check,
this is my Linux security mini-HOWTO.
I'm looking for advices, fixes etc regarding to
this HOWTO.

Best regards,
  Nick Mashchenko
  GU Telco, Kiev
  VoIP Department

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [opensuse] ISOs and LAN network install
    ... there's damn all I can do about it right now, pointed YaST at my LAN's ... FTP server, and off it went - *far* further than it did last time. ... the initial installation system from the FTP server. ... calculating checksums for every file it ...
  • Re: MS ISA any good?
    ... > And BTW why would I want to spend that money on ... > some consultant when I could spend the same (giving you the benefit of the ... The other end will be a setup consisting of ... firewall, I mean a concept, not the installation of one machine. ...
  • Re: [SLE] upgrading between SuSE versions
    ... >> possible to do a network install from ftp or nfs, ... >> installation source in yast, enable it, and disable the old installation ... Don't use suse's ftp server. ... Note that YaST has been inconsistent in its error messages, ...
  • Re: 9.0 now thinks it is 9.1 after YOU udate :-(
    ... >> both of them can no longer add additional software packages in YaST ... I did the original installation from my own FTP server. ...
  • Re: FC2 FTP install
    ... --- Alexander Dalloz ... >> laptop on the same LAN as the FTP server. ... > Loop mount the ISO image files inside the FTP server ... > Then start the network installation pointing to your ...