Re: OpenSSL worm

From: Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka (mfrd@attitudex.com)
Date: 09/21/02

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:20:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka <mfrd@attitudex.com>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

For clearing some confusions that many have that the openssl 0.9.6b-28
rpm package from RedHat at
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2002-160.html
is not vulnerable to the worm, They have backported the patch, as a matter of fact it has been out since 5th august.

Regards
--------
Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

Head of GemSEC / Chief Technology Officer
Gem Internet Services (Pvt) Ltd.
web: www.gem.net.pk
Key Id: 0x784B0202
Key Fingerprint: 6F8C EDCF 6C6E 06A5 48D7 6A20 C592 484B
784B 0202

---------------------------
[ATTITUDEX.COM]
http://www.attitudex.com/
---------------------------

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email@yourgroup.org by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag

Relevant Pages

  • RE: disinfection tool
    ... > Perhaps a very controversial viewpoint is using the backdoor installed by the ... > copycat code red worm to patch these systems. ... > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Will patch fix an already affected computer
    ... The patch will fix the vulnerability, but won't remove the worm. ... Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows NT ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: rpc errors
    ... Nice advice, but note that if you have the worm, installing the patch isn't ... Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows NT ... Anti-Virus vendor to detect new viruses and their variants. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: ICF
    ... No I have not being able to run the patch for the Blaster ... >Disinfecting from the Blaster worm also requires that you ... >without the firewall, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: RPC security error is restarting my comp
    ... Yesterday while having looked at the microsoft support ... Is the original problem actually the worm which I have ... >install the patch mentioned above. ... >It is suggested that you first download the patch to your ...