Re: OpenSSL worm

From: Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka (
Date: 09/21/02

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:20:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka <>

For clearing some confusions that many have that the openssl 0.9.6b-28
rpm package from RedHat at
is not vulnerable to the worm, They have backported the patch, as a matter of fact it has been out since 5th august.

Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

Head of GemSEC / Chief Technology Officer
Gem Internet Services (Pvt) Ltd.
Key Id: 0x784B0202
Key Fingerprint: 6F8C EDCF 6C6E 06A5 48D7 6A20 C592 484B
784B 0202

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with by

Relevant Pages

  • RE: disinfection tool
    ... > Perhaps a very controversial viewpoint is using the backdoor installed by the ... > copycat code red worm to patch these systems. ... > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ...
  • Re: Will patch fix an already affected computer
    ... The patch will fix the vulnerability, but won't remove the worm. ... Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows NT ...
  • Re: rpc errors
    ... Nice advice, but note that if you have the worm, installing the patch isn't ... Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows NT ... Anti-Virus vendor to detect new viruses and their variants. ...
  • Re: ICF
    ... No I have not being able to run the patch for the Blaster ... >Disinfecting from the Blaster worm also requires that you ... >without the firewall, ...
  • Re: RPC security error is restarting my comp
    ... Yesterday while having looked at the microsoft support ... Is the original problem actually the worm which I have ... >install the patch mentioned above. ... >It is suggested that you first download the patch to your ...