Re: route add to block IP's

From: Brian C. Lane (bcl@brianlane.com)
Date: 09/21/02

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:07:24 -0700
From: "Brian C. Lane" <bcl@brianlane.com>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 10:17:04AM -0700, Steve Wampler wrote:
> This is really nice. The only difficulty is that you lose the
> iptables information whenever iptables drops its tables (such
> as on a reboot). Here's a little script that lets you drop

Or you could use iptables-save and iptables-restore

Brian

--
Linux Consulting and Software Development
http://www.brianlane.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: F11 iptables cant disable
    ... it stops and the GUI says so. ... And it stays disabled and not running when you reboot ... Now do that with iptables. ... I don't run Fedora as servers - perhaps someday I might but I tend to ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: my iptables setting not loaded after reboot in fc5
    ... Hongwei Li escribió: ... survive after a reboot. ... iptables before setting them up, and that's why you don't get any rules ... opened -- all of my settings are gone. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: IPTABLES Question
    ... Thanks Chris, that helped me understand more of what IPTABLES is doing, but ... It had no effect until I rebooted the firewall. ... > that allows established sessions. ... >>This appears to work for the game ports only AFTER I reboot the firewall. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Redhat 7.2 server lose IP address by itself
    ... Thanks Jack. ... "ipchains" was not compatible with the ... But after it went offline again, this time after I reboot it, ... I got error saying the iptables or kernel need to be upgraded. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: my iptables setting not loaded after reboot in fc5
    ... survive after a reboot. ... iptables before setting them up, and that's why you don't get any rules now. ... opened -- all of my settings are gone. ... I will try Firestater. ...
    (Fedora)