Re: Openssh and sendmail signatures

From: Mogens Valentin (monz@danbbs.dk)
Date: 09/12/02

Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 00:39:09 +0200
From: Mogens Valentin <monz@danbbs.dk>
To: "Cushing, David" <david.cushing@quadrasis.com>

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=banner+change+openssh
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=banner+change+sendmail

Thanks, and sorry I didn't google myself.

--
Kind regards / venlig hilsen,
Mogens Valentin, Mr Dev

IT Networking, Security, Server Setup http://www.mrdev.com mrdev@danbbs.dk Phone +45 32 525 878 Cell 51 227 668

Relevant Pages

  • make release questions...
    ... I have been mucking about w/ 'make release' for some time now (stripping ... out OpenSSH, sendmail, Heimdal, bits oF BIND, etc.) and while I now have ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: SunSSH vulnerable
    ... sun's ssh is openssh and as my understanding is that sun no longer maintains its ... own version of sendmail any more; instead it uses freeware versions after ... >> that Sun get themselves into. ... >> in security bugs and taken appropriate precautions. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: SunSSH vulnerable
    ... sun's ssh is openssh and as my understanding is that sun no longer maintains its ... own version of sendmail any more; instead it uses freeware versions after ... >> that Sun get themselves into. ... >> in security bugs and taken appropriate precautions. ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: Home Mail Server
    ... Hi David, no sorry, I'm now using sendmail. ... This is where I had problems with exim, but now I have sendmail running like ... rewriting external addresses and leaving internal ones alone. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Openssh and sendmail signatures
    ... > Likewise with sendmail? ... Part of the OpenSSH spec requires you to tell the remote end what version ... Fiddling with banners is cute but largely useless since few mass attackers ... bother to scan anymore, they simply shotgun out the attacks and see what ...
    (Focus-Linux)