Re: MD5 checksum's for Redhat 7.3 binaries?

From: andrewg@d2.net.au
Date: 08/29/02

Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:00:56 +1000 (EST)
From: <andrewg@d2.net.au>
To: <jgrossl@lplearningcenter.org>

> Does anyone know of any sites that are
> publishing MD5 (or equivalent) binary checksum
> values for the default install of Redhat 7.3?
> I've been on Redhats site and done a Google
> search but nothing presented itself. Thanks much.

Grab RH's security@redhat.com gpg key (it should be on your cd's), do

gpg --import RPM-GPG-KEY (I think thats what its called)

then do,

rpm --verify *.rpm

and it should verify all the RPMS.

This method is better if you don't have any other keys in your gpg keyring,
otherwise read the rpm manpage and setup a seperate directory for verifying
rpm's, and modify your .rpmmacros or so.

> Jim Grossl
> Systems Admin
> Lee Pesky Learning Center
> Boise, Idaho USA

Sincerely,
Andrew Griffiths

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OpenQM vs. Everything Else
    ... people who "support" Linux really only install stock distros. ... Debian is simply not drama queen. ... Linux or that of people like Martin, Doug, or other "engineer" types ... U2, RedHat and SuSE: ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: samba and lan with winxp and linux computers
    ... I added a fourth computer running Redhat Linux 9 personal edition. ... | read the redhat documentation and the samba documentation and these ... | install any samba components by default. ... | now for the windows network but it still can't see the windows ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: samba
    ... Verify your system has all the BOS sub packages from the AIX install ... winbind use default domain = Yes ... valid users = @dev, @REDHAT ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: Viruses and hackers make Windows more secure - Gates
    ... Windows, I'm running Linux. ... But I have to remind you, that Redhat is not Linux. ... You can chose to install workstation ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Dual head display with RedHat 9.0?
    ... How does one configure RedHat 9.0 for a dual-hdr display? ... The install goes well - no apparent problems. ... >With the first install I basically punted on video card and monitor ... RedHat Linux looks pretty nice, including the desktop. ...
    (linux.redhat.install)