Re: MD5 checksum's for Redhat 7.3 binaries?

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@wirex.com)
Date: 08/29/02

Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:24:27 -0700
From: Seth Arnold <sarnold@wirex.com>
To: Jim Grossl <jgrossl@lplearningcenter.org>

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 09:59:18AM -0600, Jim Grossl wrote:
> Does anyone know of any sites that are
> publishing MD5 (or equivalent) binary checksum
> values for the default install of Redhat 7.3?

RedHat signs all their rpms and source rpms with their gpg key.

rpm --checksig --verbose <package list>

You can find the key here:
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/security/news/publickey.html#key

RedHat also publishes md5sums in the root of their ftp trees as
described here:
http://www.redhat.com/support/alerts/security_gpg.html

--
"A mouse can be just as dangerous as a bullet or a bomb."
-- US Representative Lamar Smith (R-Texas)

Relevant Pages

  • =?iso-8859-1?q?RE=A0=3A_RedHat_updates_and_unknown_GPG_signature?=
    ... You should find this on redhat network I suppose. ... Has the GPG key changed? ... Nigel Wade, System Administrator, Space Plasma Physics Group, ... University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: OpenQM vs. Everything Else
    ... people who "support" Linux really only install stock distros. ... Debian is simply not drama queen. ... Linux or that of people like Martin, Doug, or other "engineer" types ... U2, RedHat and SuSE: ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: samba and lan with winxp and linux computers
    ... I added a fourth computer running Redhat Linux 9 personal edition. ... | read the redhat documentation and the samba documentation and these ... | install any samba components by default. ... | now for the windows network but it still can't see the windows ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: samba
    ... Verify your system has all the BOS sub packages from the AIX install ... winbind use default domain = Yes ... valid users = @dev, @REDHAT ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: Viruses and hackers make Windows more secure - Gates
    ... Windows, I'm running Linux. ... But I have to remind you, that Redhat is not Linux. ... You can chose to install workstation ...
    (alt.computer.security)