New SecurityFocus Lists!

From: Hal Flynn (flynn@securityfocus.com)
Date: 08/19/02

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:20:29 -0600 (MDT)
From: Hal Flynn <flynn@securityfocus.com>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

Hi Folks,

In an effort to cater to the community, I'm pleased to announce the launch
of two new security discussion lists here at SecurityFocus.

Our first new list is aimed at the BSD series of operating systems. This
includes the operating systems NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and BSD/OS. This
will be the focus-bsd list, and is accessible at the address
focus-bsd@securityfocus.com. You may join by sending an email to
focus-bsd-subscribe@securityfocus.com.

The next list we're introducing is the unix-other list. This list is
designed to handle security discussion for Unix operating systems not
covered in the focus-sun, focus-linux, and focus-bsd lists. These
operating systems include but are not limited to AIX, HP-UX, Tru64, and
IRIX. This list will be the focus-unix-other list. You may subscribe by
sending an email focus-unix-other-subscribe@securityfocus.com

I will be your moderator, and am looking forward to hearing your thoughts,
concerns, and opinions.

Without further ado, let me welcome you to our new lists!

Cheers,

Hal Flynn
Symantec Corp.

"....You guys are the Marine's doctors; There's no better in the business
than a Navy Corpsman...."
  -- Lieutenant General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, U.S.M.C.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: PAWS security vulnerability
    ... FreeBSD security list" isn't grammatically correct. ... "I told you to post the patch and info to the appropriate FreeBSD security ... "...This point and others are often discussed on the mailing lists, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • May I have permission to travel???????
    ... ""Homeland Security Tightens Grip on International Travel ... The Department of Homeland Security proposed new rules back in July ... These lists ... Instead of providing a passenger manifest after departure as now ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • RE: PAWS security vulnerability
    ... You STILL haven't taken this to the correct security mailing list, ... > FreeBSD security ... >>lists, and you aren't the least bit interested in doing what ... >>appropriate forum to post the patch, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • [NEWS] Cisco IOS Stack Group Bidding Protocol Crafted Packet DoS
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... The SGBP implementation provided by the Cisco Internetwork Operating ... This vulnerability affects any device that runs Cisco IOS and has enabled ... to apply Access Control Lists to prevent untrusted hosts from ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [Full-Disclosure] "Fud, lies and libel" against (type any name here, Ill use mi2g)
    ... I am a usual reader of all the major security lists and I laughed ... I'm not affiliated with mi2g. ... questioning the authenticity of the postings) with false vulnerabilities, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)