Re: LDAP Auth?

From: Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Date: 08/06/02

Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 12:51:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
To: Ken Gourlay <ken@thechain.com>

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Ken Gourlay wrote:

> LDAP is nice, but depending on how many users you have, it may not be
> efficient enough to do what you need done. I'm happy to talk to you
> about more specific things, but I guess my immediate recommendation is
> to strongly consider why you want to use LDAP as a standard before
> jumping into it.

I suspect that you could have sped up the LDAP lookups by changing a
couple lines in your slapd.conf - were you using OpenLDAP?

--
Steve Sobol, CTO  JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH

Relevant Pages

  • Re: KDC Hardware
    ... depending on what you are using your LDAP directory ... > If your LDAP server is compromised, you reinstall the machine, restore ... in the LDAP database. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: LDAP Auth?
    ... > LDAP is nice, but depending on how many users you have, it may not ... against an SQL server. ... It wouldn't suprise me at all to find the ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • openldap, pam_ldap and nss_ldap
    ... I am having difficulties setting up openldap user authentication using ... (but he was using the native sun ldap clients) ... # with Netscape Directory Server) ... # Netscape SDK SSL options ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: whats next for the linux kernel?
    ... OpenLDAP now has dynamic config but the ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: FreeBSD 7.0, Open LDAP, PAM, TLS and NSS, howto?
    ... OpenLDAP is openldap-server-2.3.38, standard config, no SASL support or anything else apart from default ... # nsswitch.conf- name service switch configuration file ... passwd: files ldap ... I have a problem with setting up an FreeBSD box as OpenLDAP server with several services, like SAMBA, NFS. ...
    (freebsd-questions)