Re: LDAP Auth?

From: Steven J. Sobol (
Date: 08/06/02

Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 12:51:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven J. Sobol" <>
To: Ken Gourlay <>

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Ken Gourlay wrote:
> LDAP is nice, but depending on how many users you have, it may not be
> efficient enough to do what you need done. I'm happy to talk to you
> about more specific things, but I guess my immediate recommendation is
> to strongly consider why you want to use LDAP as a standard before
> jumping into it.

I suspect that you could have sped up the LDAP lookups by changing a
couple lines in your slapd.conf - were you using OpenLDAP?

Steve Sobol, CTO LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH

Relevant Pages

  • Re: KDC Hardware
    ... depending on what you are using your LDAP directory ... > If your LDAP server is compromised, you reinstall the machine, restore ... in the LDAP database. ...
  • Re: LDAP Auth?
    ... > LDAP is nice, but depending on how many users you have, it may not ... against an SQL server. ... It wouldn't suprise me at all to find the ...
  • openldap, pam_ldap and nss_ldap
    ... I am having difficulties setting up openldap user authentication using ... (but he was using the native sun ldap clients) ... # with Netscape Directory Server) ... # Netscape SDK SSL options ...
  • Re: whats next for the linux kernel?
    ... OpenLDAP now has dynamic config but the ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
  • Re: FreeBSD 7.0, Open LDAP, PAM, TLS and NSS, howto?
    ... OpenLDAP is openldap-server-2.3.38, standard config, no SASL support or anything else apart from default ... # nsswitch.conf- name service switch configuration file ... passwd: files ldap ... I have a problem with setting up an FreeBSD box as OpenLDAP server with several services, like SAMBA, NFS. ...