amanda backups and firewalling

From: mark@winksmith.com
Date: 07/16/02

Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:31:51 -0400
From: mark@winksmith.com

i'm sure someone has looked at this already. my internal server within
my internal lan has been wrapped up with iptables. in and out is clearly
defined on the box.

amdump (amanda 2.4.2) appears to use specified ports (such as 10080,
10081, 10082, and 10083). BUT then the actual transfer of data seems
to go over another port. these ports don't appear to be fixed and
range quite a bit (different every time).

any ideas as to how to handle this in iptables?

--
Mark Smith
mark at winksmith dot com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: amanda backups and firewalling
    ... my internal server within ... > my internal lan has been wrapped up with iptables. ... > to go over another port. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: amanda backups and firewalling
    ... Look into making iptables be dynamic. ... my internal server within ... > to go over another port. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • RE: redhat-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 38
    ... Re: Iptables: port 22 open only for my IP ... Windows Services for Unix 3.5 ... It does absolutely nothing if you have a rampant application on your Windows box that opens a port to the outside world. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Firewall Rules Summary
    ... Subject: Firewall Rules Summary ... This script is provided "as is" with no implied warranty. ... this came from various howtos and articles on iptables that existed around ... #specific port denies>1024 tcp ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Linux IPTables tutorial pdfs and plain text available.
    ... What you are referring to here are CHAINS. ... create as a user-defined chain in my iptables scripts to reject traffic ... need to allow port 20/tcp only if you're using active FTP. ... This is actually not a bash script, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)