Re: Apache update from SuSE ??

From: Markus Fischer (mfischer@guru.josefine.at)
Date: 07/03/02

Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:07:27 +0200
From: Markus Fischer <mfischer@guru.josefine.at>
To: Felix Seeger <seeger@sitewaerts.de>

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 09:44:13AM +0200, Felix Seeger wrote :
> I've downloaded an apache update from SuSE. It is for SuSE Linux 7.0.
> The version of apache is 1.3.19.
>
> Is this the right version against the new apache worm ?
> Is this a special SuSE patched version ?

    SuSE patches it's version as nearly every distribution does.

    You can verify this yourself with:

    rpm -qp --changelog <rpmfile> | head

    - Markus

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] updating to PHP5
    ... you have to update the rest of apache installation INCLUDING ... have you ever managed to install to Apache instances in the same SuSE box? ... XEN, Resources Management ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Webmin and Apache on SuSE
    ... If I remember correctly some time ago I saw a message that webmin that ships ... Fix was to remove the Suse RPM ... I've got apache running just for my local network ... > wading through the mega confusing apache documentation... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: New user - How to configure an ftp server
    ... > but once you have the hang of it, then it's a really easy ftp server to ... The 1.3.27 version of Apache is the better one to use on ... SuSE uses a special system of configuring ... > www. SuSE then combines the stuff on the fly. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] What package provides the default SuSE index.html for apache?
    ... But now that I removed the apache examples RPM there is ... It's got to be one of the SuSE help rmps. ... href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/preFAQ.html ">Apache web ... which wrote the web server software ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Why does SUSE install apache?
    ... >>I've been toying with my apache config files, and it seems that SUSE ... >>or if SUSE just installs and runs apache for no good reason. ... NOT do) may be an artifact of many upgrades. ...
    (SuSE)