Thanks for the feedback

From: Terry Browning (terry@nihil.demon.co.uk)
Date: 06/13/02

From: Terry Browning <terry@nihil.demon.co.uk>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
Date: 13 Jun 2002 01:02:32 +0100

I don't have time to go into all the feedback now (need sleep ... zzz),
but it looks like a false positive. I'll expect a few of those once in a
while. The machine is my home machine, so I'm usually pounding on the
keys when chkrootkit runs. Ho hum.

I'll probably reinstall in a few weeks time (Gnome2 being due, and time
getting more available) and change passwords, GPG keys, etc. Trouble is
there's always something else as well...

Thanks for the feedback. I have some thinking to do.

One more episode in the tale of a paranoid security newbie :/

Relevant Pages

  • BlockStack TV @ Paganello 2008
    ... We've still not finished cleaning sand out of our bags. ... banking less sleep than anyone. ... the character and atmosphere of the legendary event that is ... If you could also include in your feedback whether you were at ...
    (rec.sport.disc)
  • Re: Wishlist for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
    ... >> I started writing a series of articles describing ideas for Leopard. ... >> I'd welcome your feedback and any ideas you'd like to add. ... it shouldn't go to sleep. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Hello Hello from Fred
    ... > so am not new to mental strangeness. ... I can't offer feedback about the drug, ... but envy your sleep - it's lack of sleep that's been my ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Loose weight while sleeping?
    ... can make you loose weight while you sleep. ... Feedback: Don't spam rfc. ... remove the smiley face first ...
    (rec.food.cooking)