Re: protecting DHCP servers

From: Matt.Carpenter@alticor.com
Date: 05/21/02

To: sgifford@suspectclass.com
From: Matt.Carpenter@alticor.com
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:29:41 -0400

Since Scott didn't specifically say it, I will: Yes, DHCP can be exploited
remotely. Network Management Systems are able to keep track of DHCP
servers this way. Directed, or Unicast, UDP traffic should illicit similar
response as the broadcast UDP traffic used by normal DHCP requests.

Scott Gifford <sgifford@suspectclass.com>