plain text vs. html

From: Miklos Bagi Jr. (joschy@mailbox.hu)
Date: 05/07/02

From: "Miklos Bagi Jr." <joschy@mailbox.hu>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 01:43:43 +0200

Hello,

Well, I'm in this trap. I'm sure if my company were use plain text as emailing
there wouldn't be any chance to get such infections like html mails are
carrying inside of them. My question is:

Is there any way to filter out html mails and "convert" them to plain text? As
I see on my e-mail client (kmail), it does it really nice, but what I'm
really looking for is doing it "on-the-fly" by sendmail for example.

So technically it is possible, that's for sure, but is there any complete
solutions/workarounds/scripts already working you know of?

Regards,
MBJr.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: plain text vs. html
    ... I'm sure if my company were use plain text as emailing ... > Is there any way to filter out html mails and "convert" them to plain text? ... GPG / PGP encrypted and signed messages preferred mail with subject "fetch key" for public key ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: plain text vs. html
    ... On Tuesday 07 May 2002 07:43, Miklos Bagi Jr. ... > Well, I'm in this trap. ... I'm sure if my company were use plain text as ... > Is there any way to filter out html mails and "convert" them to plain text? ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Image attachments and dialup
    ... HTML mails for me is, that they are somewhat harder to read than plain ... or bottom posters. ... Wem ein Nachteil an Vermögen, Körper, Geist oder dergleichen zugefügt ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: plain text vs. html
    ... On Út, 2002-05-07 at 01:43, Miklos Bagi Jr. ... > Is there any way to filter out html mails and "convert" them to plain text? ... I have to recommend to you, instead of tranlation HTML to the plain ... filter based on procmail. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Pocket Outlook & HTML emails
    ... As long as the sender sends as "both html and plain text" you should get the text portions... ... it may be easiest to access your html mails through that. ... Further, some providers also offer "PDA friendly" web sites to access mail without all the fluff, java ads and frames. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition)