entry in /etc/passwd

From: Yannis Nikolopoulos (yanodd@otenet.gr)
Date: 04/30/02

Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:57:28 +0300
From: Yannis Nikolopoulos <yanodd@otenet.gr>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

Hey all,

yesterday I noticed that the last line of my /etc/passwd file
was something like :
+::0::0

I didnt put it and it was definitely not there before :)
I vaguely remember that it has something to do with NIS..

any suggestions? Should I be worried???

--
Yannis Nikolopoulos             OTEnet S.A. Internet Service Provider
yanodd@otenet.gr                Tel: +30 10 3826199

Relevant Pages

  • FS: My pc!
    ... I did offer this a while ago but decided on ebay, where the winning bidder ... decided that they didnt want it so hey ho! ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)
  • Re: [OT] HELP!!! mail attack
    ... Am Donnerstag, den 27.03.2008, 08:02 +0900 schrieb John Summerfield: ... Hey! ... I didnt' know this "limit" module! ... Rodolfo Alcazar ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Definition of red light violation
    ... > Hey, have i said i've done nothing wrong? ... Chill out will ya. ... > pretty obvious i didnt do anything willfully dangerous. ... could seriously hurt someone if the timing was there. ...
    (uk.transport)
  • Re: BYJOTY
    ... Has the BYJOTY finished now, Has josh turner won it, great video good ... variation of tricks with numbers. ... sadly i didnt win it thanks alot for the comments though, ...
    (rec.juggling)
  • Re: Multiple lines of html store in variable non messy way
    ... hey guys thanks for the help, what i posted was what i tried, didnt ... The reason i am doing this is i am trying to send an html email to ... Can't find string terminator "EndOfHTML" anywhere before EOF at ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)