Re: SecurID and FreeS/WAN GW

From: Kee Hinckley (nazgul@somewhere.com)
Date: 03/12/02

Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:22:45 -0500
To: Bennett Todd <bet@rahul.net>
From: Kee Hinckley <nazgul@somewhere.com>

At 4:39 PM -0500 3/8/02, Bennett Todd wrote:
>Unless there's been some recent development I haven't heard of,
>incorporating user authentication (like e.g. SecurID) into IPSec
>remains an open research problem. Any solution that's in use today
>is a special one-off ad-hoc hack. Such a hack is easy to make.

I wouldn't call it "open research". I was connecting to a Cisco
server just today using IPSec and SecurID. However I agree that
there doesn't seem to be a widely supported solution. I've never
been able to find an arbitrary VPN client that could use SecurID to a
server from a different vendor.

--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC http://consulting.somewhere.com/ nazgul@somewhere.com

I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate everyone else's.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SecurID and FreeS/WAN GW
    ... It'd be possible with any web browser and a standard IP ... credentials, then fired them off at the server and started up IPSEC, ... that's what any SecurID authentication implementation ... will certainly support passing username/passwd. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • RE: OWA Publishing problem for ISA 2006- using SecurID
    ... I am able to successfully test RSA using the RSA SecurID test utility so my ... They are getting this when connecting from an ISA Server labeled page: ... On the ISA server I did test connectivity to the RSA server using their test ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.publishing)
  • RE: SecureID Question
    ... I used to work for RSA Security and built most of their "unsupported" Linux ... OpenSSH or the native Login is used. ... I did some work to integrate SecurID with OpenSSH for a couple of specific ... When I log into my openssh server I then try to ssh to a server from there ...
    (SSH)
  • RE: Setting UP Microsoft OWA
    ... If you check the Default Web Site, under IIS, you'll see that it is ... Since this is protected by the SecurID Watchdog ISAPI ... server, or you'll have lots of angry folks who can't get to their e-mail. ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: OWA Publishing problem for ISA 2006- using SecurID
    ... nodesecret in the registry and then cleared it on the RSA Admin server I ... The reason, from what I can gather, is that SDTEST write the securid file to ... a different location and the nodesecet is just set between the ACE and ISA ... ACE server doesn't think it's supposed to. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.publishing)