Re: Restricted Shells or Menu Based Shells

From: s@avoidant.org
Date: 03/05/02

Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 12:23:20 -0500
From: s@avoidant.org
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

Steffen Dettmer wrote:

> The standard linux ftp client drops a shell if you say
> !/bin/bash
> IIRC. You can type any command after "!".

Drops you to a shell on your local box, not the remote one. At least in
my experience.

---sambo

Relevant Pages

  • Bash-4.0 available for FTP
    ... Unlike previous bash distributions, this tar file includes the formatted ... The shell has been changed to be more ... rigorous about parsing commands inside command substitutions, ... Changes have been made to the Readline library being released at ...
    (gnu.announce)
  • Why newbies dont RTFM...
    ... Even though I've used Linux before, I've never had to do any ... BASH BUILTIN COMMANDS ... last command exited within ... unless the shell is not exe‚ ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at ... treat the file as input (manually invoking the command interpreter ... script, copy the line into that within the editor, exit, and invoke ... the shell script. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Shell function - accessing an Access secure db (.MDW file)
    ... > Hi - Does anyone know the correct syntax for the shell function. ... You can use the Shell command. ... To execute internal DOS command (Dir, Copy, ... Private Declare Function OpenProcess _ ...
  • Re: ksh silently ignores function if mistakenly not autoloaded
    ... Here's the order of execution. ... This really takes place prior to command ... Shell scripts, with all their power, have one major drawback - they ... In the Korn Shell, there are two separate syntaxes for defining ...
    (comp.unix.shell)