Re: Restricted Shells or Menu Based Shells

From: Joachim Blaabjerg (styx@SuxOS.org)
Date: 03/05/02

From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@SuxOS.org>
To: Sumit Dhar <dhar@dexponet.com>
Date: 05 Mar 2002 17:49:09 +0100

On Sat, 2002-03-02 at 10:07, Sumit Dhar wrote:

> Hmm, always interested in knowing something new. I kind of knew that a
> ftp could drop you into a shell. But have never been able to do that.
> How could one go about doing it?? Any pointers?

styx@elysium styx $ ftp
ftp> !bash
bash-2.05a$

--
Joachim Blaabjerg
styx@SuxOS.org

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Guitar Hero II
    ... checks ftp ... nein. ... Hmm, knackers. ...
    (uk.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: wininet.dll, lastdllerror=6, what does it mean?
    ... >> I'm trying to create a class which handles FTP. ... Knowing little of ... Having trouble making it work but I'll try to figure it out myself first ... I'm an ASP programmer so I'm very interested in you FTP class, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • C callable ftp library
    ... I am looking for a C callable library to reliably automatize ftp ... That is, knowing when a transmission have finished, if there ... standard ftp client but i am realising I need a better way of doing ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: how do I setup an ftp
    ... Actually, I am technically inclined, but I'm certainly not all knowing. ... I do a ton of stuff with my computer, but setting up ftp isn't on that list. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: Querying FTP counters..
    ... Does this mean that the FTP counters are pretty much useless for ... knowing the bytes transferred/received from an FTP site? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)