RE: ssh1 and X11 forwarding

From: stevea (stevea@nwtechops.com)
Date: 02/13/02

From: "stevea" <stevea@nwtechops.com>
To: "R Dicaire" <rdicaire@ardynet.com>, <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:48:34 -0800

>R Dicaire wrote
>Are there any issues with X11 forwarding using ssh protocol 1 and rsa
>keys for passwordless access? (And yes, the keys are passphrased).

Check the recent archives, there has been talk about ssh1 being vulnerable
to brute force attacks (although I have not personally been able to verify).

Relevant Pages

  • ssh1 and X11 forwarding
    ... Are there any issues with X11 forwarding using ssh protocol 1 and rsa ... keys for passwordless access? ... (And yes, the keys are passphrased). ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • RE: ssh1 and X11 forwarding
    ... monitoring the time elapsed between keystrokes in order to guess the ... commands given and length of password. ... >keys for passwordless access? ... (And yes, the keys are passphrased). ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: A question about modular exponentiation
    ... > One can also compute the private exponent in a slightly different way: ... > I ran tests on this, generating primes to produce RSA keys ... Therefore, d is inverse of e both for mod lambda, and for phi. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: RSA key size and safety
    ... assymmetric (RSA) will be safe for the next 50 years. ... LEAST 768-bit RSA keys. ... so any time estimates were likely based ... your public keys your system is fairly dead in the water. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: SSH keys: RSA vs DSA
    ... >> Ssh protocol version 2 can use RSA as well as DSA keys. ... > DSA is an old and fairly weak encryption, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)