Re: apache and nimbda

From: Seth Arnold (
Date: 01/28/02

Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:54:05 -0800
From: Seth Arnold <>

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 09:49:51AM -0000, Brian Clifton wrote:
> Is there a way to stop apache responding to .exe file requests altogether?

You can do it at the apache level by looking at the <Files> directive.
I'm sure there are other methods, but our firewall is down at the
moment, preventing me from getting to

You can also try hogwash, which would sit between apache and the outside
world -- at least, if I correctly recall what hogwash does.

Though, I'm curious why the 404 page supplied by apache isn't

> I have been monitoring it since the summer and the number of nimbda
> type entries appears to have started to go up again since xmas...

Be glad you aren't running IIS then. :)

"I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling
to accept responsibility for their own actions, or that they are
so eager to regulate everyone else's." -- Kee Hinckley