Re: PAM

From: xsdg (xsdg@openprojects.net)
Date: 01/11/02

Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:45:05 +0000
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
From: xsdg <xsdg@openprojects.net>

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 07:42:19AM -0800, securityfocus@kaiserdigital.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can PAM be used to block user logons by IP address.
>
> i.e. Can PAM be configured to allow user A to access the server from
> x.x.x.x while blocking user B from accessing the server from outside
> 10.10.0.x.

Unless you have specific needs, you'd probably be better off using hosts.allow
and hosts.deny (man 5 hosts_access)

> Thanks

        --xsdg

--
|---------------------------------------------------|
| It is possible to believe that all the human mind |

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Login Pause after Password
    ... I compared the PAM configuration for sshd and system-auth on our working ... As this server is using local files, rather than NIS, I ... > On Behalf Of Jason Williard ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: OLEDB connection and AD Windows
    ... in the server with their domain user, no needing the local user. ... We connect the O.S. but in some cases the server is not able to connect with IDS. ... After that IDS should be able to authenticate (without using PAM). ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: Difference between password and keyboard-interactive
    ... yes/no response from the server, ... In the most common usage case, keyboard-interactive will prompt exactly ... fit for PAM that is used on most current Unices, ... The password method on the other hand is a very bad fit for PAM, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: ODBC credentials and/or PAM
    ... I found out the hardway that IDS 10.0 didn't support 64bit PAM. ... First, you didn't say what version of IDS, and which OS platform the engine was on. ... "Write a module and register it on the server side is a bit simplistic.". ... Then the communication between the PAM module and your Windows authentication server is also not so crystal clear. ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: OLEDB connection and AD Windows
    ... in the server with their domain user, no needing the local user. ... OLEDB) the server is not able to connect with IDS. ... authenticate (without using PAM). ...
    (comp.databases.informix)