Re: Logcheck entriesFrom: Patrick Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Previous message: Deon Grobler: "Suggestioned updates"
- In reply to: Stephen E. Hargrove: "Re: Logcheck entries"
- Next in thread: Ross Vandegrift: "Re: Logcheck entries"
- Next in thread: David Chin: "Re: Logcheck entries"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:42:39 -0800 From: Patrick Morris <email@example.com> To: "Stephen E. Hargrove" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"stat=Deferred" is a very common log message from sendmail, that gets
written any time an e-mail can't be delivered right away. It not something
you generally need (or want) to consider a security violation every time it
Any other message you want to ignore or demote can be added the same way.
Save a unique chunk of it into logcheck.ignore (wildcards work), and you
won't see it any more. If you're being told it's a security violation and
don't want to, put the identifying string into "locheck.violations.ignore"
"Stephen E. Hargrove" wrote:
My logcheck.violations.ignore file contains only one line: