Re: aide or tripwire

From: Kerberus (kerberus@microbsd.net)
Date: 12/18/01

From: Kerberus <kerberus@microbsd.net>
To: Jim Zajkowski <jim@jimz.net>
Date: 18 Dec 2001 15:19:41 -0500

what about samhain

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 20:34, Jim Zajkowski wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 05:48:34PM -0700, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:
> > We have been using tripwire to notify us if any files were tampered with. I
> > recently tried aide on one machine and was impressed by its ease of
> > configuration and lower cpu usage. Are there any problem areas for aide?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: server was hacked
    ... Note that tripwire isn't the only option. ... There's also Aide and Samhain. ... Bill Moran ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: File integrity checkers
    ... >>I've seen a few that are available (Tripwire, AIDE, Samhain, ... >versions of tripwire cannot handle too many files at once, ... but from a centralized station. ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: aide or tripwire
    ... > We have been using tripwire to notify us if any files were tampered with. ... Are there any problem areas for aide? ... this makes it more likely that someone would be able to tamper ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Tripwire
    ... done so with the AIDE file-based IDS, and thus can use it in what I ... regard as a telling contrast with Tripwire: ... AIDE (and, I suspect, Integrit, Samhain, and numerous other file-based ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • aide or tripwire
    ... We have been using tripwire to notify us if any files were tampered with. ... Are there any problem areas for aide? ... no attachments or HTML content will be accepted. ...
    (Focus-Linux)