loging user's commands

From: Juan Ignacio Trentalance (TRENTALANCE@crm.com.ar)
Date: 12/18/01

From: Juan Ignacio Trentalance <TRENTALANCE@crm.com.ar>
To: "'focus-linux@securityfocus.com'" <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:35:19 -0300

Hi,

Does anybody know a way to log everything a user types and sees on a ssh or
telnet "console"?

It's not that I am trying to violate the user's privacy, but that it is a
very sensity server, and I want to be sure that some users do only what they
are supposed to. These users will be notified.

I came up with the idea of using "exec /usr/bin/script" on the user's
profile or something like that, but that seems very easy to foul if you are
smart enough. If you know of a (preferably open source) product that can do
this, I will be very thankfull.

Thanks in advance,

Juan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: loging users commands
    ... > Does anybody know a way to log everything a user types and sees on a ssh or ... console or via telnet. ... If you want it to work with SSH, ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Console via remote bearbeiten
    ... Was kann ich nun tun um den Explorer in der Console neu zu starten? ... SSH oder Telnet. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.general)
  • Re: ftp/telnet
    ... Are you able to get onto the box via any other means, via console or SSH? ... I am able to ftp and ... telnet out of the machine but not in. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: SSH Question
    ... enter your Level 15 Username / Password. ... You can SSH, Telnet and even console using any configured username/password ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • RE: Commentary on the seven words
    ... When I was an operating systems programmer we all too often forgot that the Operating system existed to support the application, not the other way around. ... A Because the application that we run uses a telnet client that doesn't support ssh - and that's why I can't run ssh on this system. ... I administrate one system that has 128 clients on it and it's ...
    (RedHat)