Re: 2 security issues

From: hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org
Date: 12/10/01

Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:33:20 +0100 (CET)
From: <hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org>

On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:

> 1. Is there any way to encrypt all "system" mail to a specific key by
> default?

If you use scripts it should be feasible to use GPG for this in an
automated manner.

> 2. What real-time alert system are available to notify users of security
> problems as they occur.? (Most of our people are Window refugees and are used
> to products like ZoneAlarm.) I've looked at apps such as firestarter, but
> need the opinions of others.

Among the most common IDS systems one may think of is SNORT. But it
depends on what kind of things you are really after.

Hugo.

--
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 2 security issues
    ... >>If you use scripts it should be feasible to use GPG for this in an ... >>automated manner. ... private key *and* the passphrase. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: unexpected expect results
    ... I have some expect scripts that I definately need to run. ... > encrypt using gpg, and then ftp the files using expect. ... > scripts on the p-series, I get to the place where I enter the password for ...
    (comp.unix.aix)