Re: Easily configurable firewall?

From: dave (dave@rodrig.com)
Date: 12/08/01

From: dave <dave@rodrig.com>
To: Don Felgar <dfelgar@rainierinternet.com>
Date: 08 Dec 2001 00:16:03 -0500

> Don Felgar <dfelgar@rainierinternet.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Anyway, my question is actually this: what's the best way to configure
> > a group of Linux boxes en masse? My current thinking is that I'll
> > copy all the .debs (I'm using Debian) that I want onto a cdrom, and
> > then run a script on each machine that prompts for the bits of
> > information that differ from one machine to the next, such as IP
> > addresses, VPN config, etc, and writes them in the appropriate file.
> > Any better ideas?

You may want to check out SystemImager. I haven't used it myself, but it
is apt-get-able....

have fun
dave

Relevant Pages

  • OT : Rugrats / Ankle biters
    ... They beat me repeatedly, painted me, and tried to drown ... me en masse, but I survived, and actually had a lot of fun. ... did about fifty cannonballs right on top of me, and the youngest one hung ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: Rugrats / Ankle biters
    ... I love kids. ... me en masse, but I survived, and actually had a lot of fun. ... on my neck and pummelled ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)